Sponsor

This project made possible by funding from The West Oxford Agricultural Society ~ presenter of The Fryeburg Fair

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Crocheted Zoanthus for the Maine Crochet Coral Reef Project




Zoanthid is commonly known as green sea mat or button polyp.


I found this photo as my inspiration for creating a crocheted version. These are amazingly colorful creatures as can be seen here on google images. This is the photo on a website called http://www.rarezoanthids.com/ that inspired my work.






       This is still a work in progress. I plan to make as many "polyps" as I have enough lime green yarn for and then will crochet the tubular base that they will sit on.

So much to do so little time!

AND loving every minute of it:-)


Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment