Sponsor

This project made possible by funding from The West Oxford Agricultural Society ~ presenter of The Fryeburg Fair

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

School of Crocheted Fish

Love these little fish! Inspired by on line photos that you can see here. Easy to make too. I simply began with a crocheted round which I folded in half and slip stitched together. Remember to stuff before you completely close them up :-)
The fins and tail are made from lightweight clear plastic bags cut into strips. They are threaded through the crochet stitches and stuck together with double sided tape. I tried glue but that just made a mess because it took too long to set.
I plan to mount these using Shish-kabob skewers stuck into styrofoam. I'll post a pic when it's done.

Until then.......

No comments:

Post a Comment