Sponsor

This project made possible by funding from The West Oxford Agricultural Society ~ presenter of The Fryeburg Fair

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Maine Reef at SPA 2012!

The Maine SPA event has been on my bucket list for a long time now and though I was there with bells on Saturday February 25th, it will remain on my list until next time! Why? Because we had a steady flow of enthused fiber folks the whole time we were there and I never got a chance to get to the expo or visit any of my Maine fiber friends :-( Missed you all!

BUT! Jan and I taught some folks how to crochet while Ann distributed info to the various group gatherings. We happened to be in the same room as a group of Vermonters who have pledged to go back to their guild and create for the reef project. YEAH!

Everyone who came by was very impressed in the small display. Many had heard of our efforts which was a really nice kudo to our publicity efforts. We've been working hard to get the word out and apparently it's working! In fact several had heard about it either directly or indirectly from last year's Fryeburg Fair display and info booth.

I also met up with Astrig Tanguay of the Maine Fiber College who kindly invited us to present this year however that event takes place in September after our deadline for contributions to our exhibit. Bummer! But thank you Astrig for your support and thinking of us! I will also be looking for a donation of work she created many years ago of a crocheted rock with crocheted coral attached to it. She offered to donate it to our reef! I can't wait to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment